Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Supermannnn (It's mee)

Superman....!!!!!!!!

It's meee...Believe it...This is meee....I am evolved as a superman here in Canada…. Yes this is how in my workplace I am getting popular. Pls don't make any mistakes by assuming that I did saved the world from danger or some human species or species of any other kind.

Its not me..but my name did the magic for me....My name has been mutated into Superman... But how to Superman ????

Here's the short story...

I give people a tough time in spelling out my full name...Yes the guys from foriegn origin always have a sweet experience in pronouncing the names. one of the guys called "Balasubramanian Ganapathy Subramani" (humbly it's me) as "Supra many" (!!???!!!) ..........Then slowly evolved the 'super-mani'... Then "Super Man"....

I am now a Superman......

This is how evolution occured for some of the other species...

1.Ambalavanan to 'Am-Pal-van-an' and then "Amps"... (If you touch him you will get electrocuted...Thotta Shock adikkum)
2. Shenbogue (what kind of name is this..Which Language??) to 'Chan-po-gue' and then "Chan"....
3. Arumugam to 'Air-u-mugam' and then "Air".
4. Krishna govinda ramudu to "Kris" ("Chris")...
5. Chattopadhyaya to "Chat"...
6. Kannayiram to 'Gunn-Hai-Ram' and then "Gun"..
7. Gopala Krishnan to 'Go-pal' and then "Go"....
8. Hari Krishna to 'Harry Krishna'..Then "Harry"....
9. Chindamani to 'Chind-A-Many' and then 'Cind' and finally “Cindy"...
10. Dayanand to 'Day-Anand' and then "Day".
11. Senthamizh Selvan to "Sen"..... May be someday "Sin"??????

Thus the Indian names are slowly evolving to English names heree…..Any questions please…???? Think over how your name can evolve...

7 comments:

jagan said...

balsu neengalavathu superman aanenga.... naan en rose ah theditu irukan :)
jaganathan ulaganathan jaaagaan aagi jag aagi jack aayuruchu :(
but innum rose than maata matenguthu......

Balasubramanian Ganapathy Subramani (Bala) said...

Just an English translation to my other non-Tamil friends... My friend's name Jagan Ulaganathan has been changed from 'Jaagan' to 'Jaag' to "Jack" ..... Tamil Jagan to English Jack.. He is "Superb sad" that he dont have "Rose" with him (Remember Titanic- Jack and Rose) :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Super-man kathai super.. but hope you are not dressing like super-man.. ha ha ha:-)

Unknown said...

I think my name would evolve to Gin Tonic, or Genie ;) or maybe Jenny...and your name here in Mexico would evolve to "balita" ("little bala", we always use diminutives) or uachis-uachis (the word Mexicans use in the place of words we can't pronounce)
:)
a big hug Bala, nice to have you back

Anonymous said...

good one da balsu.... love that AMPS funda...

naan said...

Hmm - two comments:

1) What Gina mentions is similar to the suffix "kutty" that we used (Balu kutty?)

2) I got this mail not long ago: there was a guy named Anantharaaman Subbaraaman, who went to the US. For a long time, he could not find the right gate and was wandering around the airport desperately looking for help.

In the mean time, the radio was blaring over and again, that the aircraft was looking for a guy named - uhm...... guess what?







































Anotherman Superman

Anonymous said...

Hi, hope you do get some kind of message when you receive a comment on an older post. Recently, I heard the story of another poor friend of mine whose name was screwed up in the records; guess what name was: Surender Reddy and guess how it was typed in: Surrender Ready