Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Drinking Beer

Note: I am not a competitive drinker...Until now just three times..in period of two yrs in Canada. These are the view points of an Amateur drinker...
"I am a good guy.. I wont take beer.... I will remain a good guy...."

" People who take beer are frustrated guys.. They try to enjoy their life in a pseudo world...".

This is what i was thinking when I was doing my undergraduate. My friends called me a "fruit" because i was not drinking even beer. I continued to live the same after I my undergraduate degree.

Seasons changed. Monsoons returned. I entered Canada. I saw people roaming with glasses of wine and bottles of beer in their shirt and pant pockets. "Really all these people are frustrated ? Really they don't know how to enjoy their real life ???" I asked myself.

Once in my friends home, I wanted to try the experiment. " How a beer will taste like ??". I remembered one of my friends words "Beer will taste like a bitter yogurt". Being from South India, I like yogurt very much. and I wanted to try that new type of yogurt which comes in beer bottle.

Then, I started having a sip of beer. I was not liking it. I started asking my friends " How people love it ? Why they want to drink it ? They love the taste or the 'relaxed behavior' or drinking is hyped as form of socializing ?". They replied "Don't ask , just do it". They said again "Drink three to four times, three to four cups. You will come to know". I thought I will be feeling guilty of having the sip of beer. But I was not. Meanwhile, one of my friends also gave me a biological opinion about beer. "Beer is good for health. It cleans your digestive system. It kills bacteria."

In the meantime, I met some of the Germans who drink about 4 liters of beer per day and do a good job. For some people, beer is like water. They don't drink water. After some analysis and my good experiments, I finally concluded "people drink beer mainly for socializing. It gives them a relaxed feeling". It is hyped much in Indian cinema that drinking is bad. Yes drinking is bad..too much of drinking is bad. Drinking without control is bad.

To end, "Drinking beer is not always bad for health. But drinking more up to the point of losing consciousness is bad. It makes you look crazy. It affects your liver. ".
Now here is my new thought process.............

" I am not a frustated guy... I am a real happy guy.... I am not taking more beer"

" I am a good guy... I take only limited beer.. I will remain a good guy by taking limited beer..."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good thoughts be

Shrinivas said...

Hey Balsu,

I like the mental state of being drunk which gives a relaxed, clear mind(hope so!!)..That is what everyone likes I suppose..Other than that there is nothing much about it.

-Shrinivasan

Unknown said...

My answer will be
"For frustrated guy - Medicine
For good guy - Slow Poison"
I had Both experience....

AmjathKhan said...

I think you are "lemon".

Go and find the meaning for "Lemon" in US dictionary.

Unknown said...

For that mater, My rate of beer intake never exceed ( not even a gradual increase ). Its always a constant ( 1 bottle / 1 can ), like my character which is a constant. I never felt the 'relaxing' experience from beer, so that, I don't geeet there always.
So, I don't know, what u guys are talking about ....
what he heck man, just live each moment of the life, for we don't know how long are we gonna be here !!....
I know, what u might be thinking about me...now....


Psychooooo !!

Karthik Sivakkani said...

Good Boy, Beer kills bacteria fine, why dont you try wine it prevents heart related issues..ga

Shrinivas said...

What is lemon in US dictonary?

I got many meanings..please clarify

check out urbandictionary.com