Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The defender

"I was sweating in the AC room...."

It was really tough time. They drilled, roasted, fried, barbiqued me. After I came to Canada (nearly 2 years), this is the first time my friends found me sweating. Lot of questions about everything, almost anything from whatever i worked on my thesis. It was 90 minutes continuous shoot up. It was an open defence. Some of my friends here in my University were more scared than me. They said "It was like watching horror film".

Finally when the committee head said me, "Bala, you have passed your Master's ......". I was not even had energy to celebrate it. But I know I was really happy to hear it out.

I understood at the end of my defence "what a friend in need means", why is it necessary to have good friends?. I was proud of myself; not in my technical ability, but in my ability to make good friends. I feel afterall the technical stuffs will never go beyond some extent.

I also feel that as far as anything ends in a constructive manner, destructive things can happen. I know that these "nice" things happens once in my life time. If I pass sooooo smooth, then there is no fun in it. I know I was scared enough. But I enjoyed the thrill of the ride. And it ended up with a big celebration.

Finally, I thank all of my friends who travelled with me in this ride.

5 comments:

AmjathKhan said...

Great!!! work

Anonymous said...

they screwed YOU!!!!! may be they did nt really understand your field of expertise!!! anyways mapla.. enjoy, US la unakku sema demand... GOODLUCK for job hunt.

ARZ said...

Dear Bala,

You did a great job... both in technical content and in gaining friends... kudos...

Keep up the positive spirit... All the best dear...

~ ARZ

Anonymous said...

This was my first response: "Ha".

Then, I read Prabhakar's response and it turned into "ha ha ha ha haaaa"

Btw, I am reading "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" - that has a nice piece on perspectives and paradigms right in the first chapter - if you want to check out.

Oh - and on interviewing, I am planning a "quick book of facts" on this topic - just like we did a few years back on GRE, TOEFL, etc. But it may be a few months - until then, if you like, pl. try this book: "Sweaty Palms: the Forgotten Art of Interviewing" (forgot the author)....

Good Luck and great job getting out of Grad School alive....

Unknown said...

Congratz Mams !! Glad to see that u came out as an excellent defender with ur offensive defense against the unbroken offense of ur profs. Wish u gud luck in making others defend against u ( to become an attacker).

Well, This is Psycho !!