Saturday, September 22, 2007

The tenth day.....

This is a sad story about one of my best friends.........

One of my childhood friend is a nice, handsome, intellectual and enlightened guy. He can influence lot of people with his charisma. He attracts people with his funny and humorous character. I am personally a fan of him. This friend visited me in an official tour, when I was working after my graduation. He wanted to stay there for some couple of days (may be a month or so). This is the sad story happened during these days...

I introduced him to my friends circle. Even in the first few hours of his visit, he got popular. Within a day or two, he got around 20 friends. Unfortunately at the third day, I got an urgent call from my native place and I had to leave to my hometown. I gave him my house key and I asked him to reside in my home.


In the meantime, He was getting more popular. People started visiting him daily especially in the evenings when all their work has been finished. He was celebrated like a Bollywood hero. Everyone started praising him , prepared and brought variety of dishes. There he was forced to eat their dishes. Each day people were competing to attract him. He was very happy. This continued until the tenth day.

Then the sad incident happened. In the tenth day evening, as usual lot of people visited him. They celebrated him and four strong guys came forward from the crowd, they lifted him and carried him to the nearby river. The crowd followed him. My friend thought that there is a special party arranged for him near by the river bank. But he was not aware of the real situation. They took him inside the river, Immersed him there, left him there, informed him that "This is the place you have to reside, this ceremony is for leaving you here only" and then they returned back.

He was surprised. He was surprised that "Why people showed lot of love to me, celebrated me???..I never asked for celebration or love, Why after ten days, they throw me out???". He was confused. He was sobering "Why people have done this to me. What mistake I did? Is this ups and downs are a part of my life?".

Note:- The guy whom I am talking is Lord Ganesh. On the occasion of Ganesh Chathurthi (Birthday of Ganesh), He (typically statue made of sand) will be celebrated for 10 days and on the tenth day, that Ganesh statue will be immersed and dissolved into the river or sea (called Visarjan). Visarjan is done to point out that creation & destruction, birth & death are a part of ones life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

True - very true....

btw, couple of days is not over a month :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful narration. I did nt realise till i read that river part. the additions like you got an urgency to go to your native place and all made this story much interesting...keep going.

Unknown said...

Haa Haa...

Who is in control?
God over human..(or)
Human over God..
Survival for the fittest...
Death&Birth..only for flesh....
What will happen to your Spirit???
What will you do with your sins????
(Take it as a comment..)

Balasubramanian Ganapathy Subramani (Bala) said...

Tiks.

Intha kaelvikelam nijamavae no answers. ALL ARE HYPOTHESIS...NO ONE HAS DONE EXPERIMENTS TO PROVE IT...

"Kandavar Vindillar...
Vindavar kandillar"

Meaning

"Those who saw havent informed..Those who informed hasnt seen."

Unknown said...

Yaa..thats correct...let me tell onething
Put aside
"Nationality+Love for parents",then search.....
You will realize
What is sin? What is spirit?Who is God?......
Thank God...I got it...I feel sorry for those who don't try to know it....